Well, I missed out on last weeks shopping list but here’s a quick recap of our menu last week. Sunday night football: Brats n’ Beer (sauerkraut, thinly sliced sweet onion, garlic, Killian’s Red, brown sugar and soy sauce) on hoagie’s with spicy mustard – which were the best I’ve ever Read more…
Meals for the week: Leftover beef fajita salad Ham steaks with mashed sweet potato French toast with breakfast link sausage Grilled chicken breasts with pasta & veggies with texas toast Grilled chedder cheese sammies (with either soup or baked sweet potato fries) Roast chicken with carrot souffle Grocery list: Smithfield Read more…
Friends and acquaintances often comment on how good the meals sound at my house, heck, even the Manager of our regular grocery store asks what I'm cooking when she see's me. It's been a running joke that I'd publish my meal planning and grocery lists so they could follow along - this is a trial run. There is currently only Sarah and I at home to cook for regularly but we do have guests coming to eat with us for several nights this coming week. The way I cook I do my big meat cooking on the weekend and then mix and match with the leftovers adding fresh side dishes as the week progresses. Here's a rough sketch of the week ahead.
- Saturday: Roasted Chicken (boned & shredded). A portion of the chicken will be served with Scarpetta Marinara sauce and pasta. I'm planning that there will be enough leftovers for Nachos and/or quesadilla's later this week. I expect there to be pasta left over too, which will make a lunch or two this week.
- Sunday: Sanda Lee's Slow Cooked Orange Pork Taco's with cole slaw. There will be enough pork for several meals this week and for freezing for meals the following week.
- Pulled Pork, Pear and Gorgonzola Pizza with field greens and raspberry vinaigrette dressing. I'm going to try to put this pizza together on a thin store bought crust, I'm goping for a taste similar to Pear and Gorgonzola pizza at California Pizza Kitchen.
- Roast Chicken Nachos with homemade Fresh Tomato Salsa. Homemade salsa is so amazing and very versatile.
- Pork and/or chicken quesadilla's with Guacamole. Homemade guacamole is the way to go, you can leave it chunky or make it really mushy depending upon what you're serving it with.
- Turkey Chipotle Chili with Corn Cake Toppers. This is a recipe is so easy and delish that people will actually invite themselves over if they know I'm cooking it.